Req #: R133659
- US – GA, Atlanta
- US – Remote (Any Location)
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. Weve got what youre looking for.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons as the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAAs Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAAs nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Parsons is now hiring a Senior Procurement Specialist to join our expanding team! Parsons extensive experience combined with your procurement skills will propel your career forward. We need our Specialists at this level to collaborate with technical teams to source materials, equipment, and construction related services nationwide. In this role you will participate in a variety of procurement functions to ensure quality, efficiency, and timeliness of services provided to clients and project personnel. You may provide purchasing support, develop bidders lists for large procurement actions, solicit small construction related services, and assist with vendor management and document control. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, with strong attention to detail.
Participates in a variety of procurement functions to ensure quality, efficiency, and timeliness of services provided to clients and project personnel. Specific assignments depend upon project requirements. This position will primarily provide purchasing and subcontract administration support to multiple regional offices and may serve has a document control specialist, as required, under the oversight of a Senior Procurement Manager for the region.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (or related field) preferred and 3+ years of related work experience is required.
Procurement experience with a major engineering and construction firm or industrial supplier, good written and oral communication skills, and a proficiency in utilizing basic Microsoft Office products is preferred. In addition, a working knowledge of vendor data control, expediting, and other purchasing activities is required.
- Contacts suppliers to ensure equipment and materials are delivered to job sites in support of construction schedules.
- Follows up on assigned purchase orders to ensure adherence to terms and conditions.
- Initiates action, as required, to resolve any supplier problems which might adversely affect project requirements and construction schedules.
- Collaborates with Sr. Subcontract Administrators in the pre-award solicitation process. Prepares bidders lists, issues Request for Quotations or Request for Proposals, receives and analyzes bids, prepares bid analysis summaries, and may make recommendations for purchase order awards.
- May prepare and award Purchase Orders or Subcontracts, as required.
- Assists in post award activities such as obtaining final vendor data and invoices from suppliers, inputting data into SharePoint for supplier performance evaluations, and preparing for closeout of all records.
- Serves as primary contact for purchasing support to project management, engineering, and other non-procurement disciplines within an assigned region.
- May analyze draft material requisitions, including reviewing for completeness and accuracy, suggesting possible revisions, and forwarding to project engineering for further processing.
- Ensures appropriate logging of action taken.
- Monitors bid requests, bid analyses, and the preparation of purchase orders to ensure timely action.
- Maintains purchase order records, including history of follow up contacts with suppliers.
- Oversees the maintenance of vendor performance records, coordinating with other Procurement Representatives nationwide.
- Oversees the maintenance of purchase order records, including history of follow up contacts with suppliers.
- May provide arrangements for the safe, most economical delivery of materials and equipment by selecting the best available transportation modes, carriers, rates, and routing.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or related field) preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience is required; related experience may include administrative/clerical work, purchasing, or other transferrable skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, and a proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint is preferred
- Working knowledge of vendor data control, expediting, and other purchasing activities is required.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation’s most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating whats next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range: $67,400.00 – $118,000.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our companys core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.