We’re scouting the globe once again to check out some of the top MMA prospects across the planet. This time out, we take a look at Georgia, which has become a hotbed of mixed martial arts talent in recent years.
Our original Scouting the Globe series singled out the following five prospects from Georgia:
- Ilia Topuria is ranked #15 at bantamweight in the UFC.
- Guram Kutateladze who is 1-1 in the UFC.
- Zviad Lazishvili who was recently released by the UFC.
- Levan Chokheli is signed with Bellator and is 1-2 for them.
- Amiran Gogoladze who fights on the Contender Series this season.
Here’s who we’ve singled out in 2022.
Welterweight, Amiran Gogoladze (14-2)
Gogoladze is a highlight-reel finisher both on the feet and on the mat. He is extremely slick on the mat, especially off his back. He’s a sharp submission hunter and that shows with three submission victories by three different submissions.
Gogladze will utilize a lot of feints on the feet which set up the eventual finish. He throws a dangerous head kick and is just very tricky and explosive. He has flaws with his takedown defense but isn’t a guy you want to be caught slipping by.
Gogoladze is just 24 so if his defense tightens up he’s going to be a nightmare at 170.
- ‹ Previous Article
- Next Article›
- ICYMI: Kemp Called for Boycotts Against Georgia Businesses to Further His Political Agenda
- Georgia State University Officer Charged with Rape